Monday, June 1, 2009

Goodbye, Goodbye, blah, blah, blah

As an Army Brat who moved around a lot, I got used to tons of goodbyes. I hate them, I avoid them like the plague. When I know someone is moving, or I'm leaving, or it's the 'last' this or the 'last' that, I just want to have a quick hug, a promise that we'll get together soon, and then get outta there. I can't even say 'goodnight' very well to my kids or husband. So May and June, with all the end of year stuff, was just one long annoying party-fest of goodbyes or end of year things. Blech. 
It should be noted, though, that for as much as I don't like the act of goodbye-ing, I miss the people and the experiences terribly after that. I think in my mind if I don't ever make goodbye official, then perhaps that will mean it never will come to an end, technically.

Let's say goodbye to Daisy's Ballet Class:

And then, Daisy's last day of Preschool (her expression mirrors my sentiment):

No comments:

Post a Comment