Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Whiting Social High Season, a.k.a. SEPTEMBER

Having all three kids' birthdays in September shows us:
A)We like going broke in the Fall
B)We only have sex in December
or my vote,
C) We're crazy.

We had all 3 birthday parties in the apartment, which proved to be just fine. The kids had a blast.
Tass' Birthday was a Lego Party, so he got a Lego cake (you can't see it, but there is candy legos surrounding it). He played lots of great games with his pals, while Jason attempts to keep the noise down to a dull roar proved futile:The next (yes NEXT!) day was Daisy's. She had a Princess party and mom made her a crown cake with Jolly Ranchers as the jewels and ring pops as the diamonds on top for embellishment:

London had a Beach party, with the girls decorating flip-flops and eating fruit-kabobs. Her cake was made with Nilla Wafers sand and cool umbrellas:
I love my kids' parties. I know that the window is very small to celebrate the event of a birthday; by the time they hit their teens the magic will be gone. So I go all out and make it through the commotion. I never, never regret the 2am cake frosting sessions or the invitation designing. To quote a movie, I'm just so glad I had my kids! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment