Friday, March 12, 2010

When the Family's Away...

...The Mom will paint a piano.
We are in the process of redoing our entire living area, new furniture, rugs, lighting, paint. Oh, ok, by 'living area' I mean entire apartment. Listen to me, as if I have more than one room to live in (bedrooms too small to count)!
We had your standard (free) brown wood piano that I had been wanting to paint. At first it was to be 'taxi yellow' but then I didn't want it to be the focal point of our entire kitchen/dining/play/living/office spaces, so we went with 'radiator grey'. Jason took the kids to Arizona for February Break for a week and I watched the Olympics and regained my sanity. It was great. As for the piano, 4 coats and a trip to Mood for the fabric later, *voila'!* understated polish. The play storage furniture next to it is on the chopping block, to be replaced April 2 when our new stuff is delivered. Pictures to come...

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look on the piano! Wish I had Mood down the street instead of JoAnns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the piano and can't wait to see pictures of the rest! Could you please come down and design my house???

    ReplyDelete
  3. um so by chopping block, do you mean that you're donating the play storage to me?

    ReplyDelete