Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So How Do We Do It?

I don't think I've mentioned yet how much I love having downsized our living space to a 2-bedroom apartment. We still have a lot we want to do with the place, but to give you an idea, this is the kids' bedroom. It is 8 feet by 14 feet and we love it. It doesn't feel cramped at all, the kids love that space especially with all their books in here. (The pics seem to make it look smaller than it feels.) But a real haven. I took the door off the closet and have the ribbon instead to save on space and improve functionality. Behind is a California Closet we had installed, with some additional drawers and 2-tiers of hanging space. Since the ceiling goes up 12 + feet, so does the closet shelving. Less really and truly is more!

4 comments:

  1. I love this room! You have such ingenuity in your use of space! Those large windows are awesome. What lucky kids to learn the valuable lesson that less is more. Nice work mom! Darcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I love your place! I would take your hip downtown apt over any nova townhouse any day! We can't wait for it to warm up so we can come see you guys. We're having Sunday evening scrabble withdrawals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kids would love that triple bunk. How cool is that. I agree -- less is more. I'm in major de-cluttering mode, and it feels great. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am excited to see how you do it with two additional adults and two more kids under three--we can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete